LumaScope 400 (iVue) Brightfield Inverted Incubator Microscope
- True-Color Brightfield Inverted Biological Microscope
- Incubator Microscope; fits inside hood or incubator
- LED illumination
- Built-in camera
- Great Time-Lapse Imaging Software with turn/off lights
- No need for external light source
LumaScope (Incubator Microscope): Small, Smart & Simple
What is LumaScope?The LumaScope is a low price, compact, USB-based, inverted brightfield and epi-fluorescence microscope. The system fits on a shelf inside an incubator or inside a hood. It has a built-in digital camera and light source. This runs on a laptop or desktop using just one USB cable, captures fluorescence or brightfield images and has options of 1.25x, 2.5x, 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 50x, 60x and 100x objective lenses. The software allows doing time-lapse study and controlling the light to turn on/off to avoid photo-bleaching and photo-toxicity. Thus, this saves paying for heating stage or miniature incubator, mechanical shutter, digital camera and fluorescence attachment which are important components for live cell imaging application. Its price is the lowest in the live cell imaging field. A side-by-side comparison with similar products such as Juli, EVOS, this has better images. Last but not least, you can check your cell culture inside an incubator via Internet or smart-phone if you connect the lumascope computer to Internet/WiFi and use our remote-control software.
|Lumascope 500 inside a Ruskinn Hypoxia Workstation||Small enough to fit inside an incubator for remote cell monitoring|
"There is no greatness where there is not simplicity" Leo Tolstoy, quoted in The week.
- Simple: the most simple digital microscope in the world, requires no setup, almost no training, instant installation, familiar PC environment.
- Affordable: The lowest price video time-lapse microscope in the world.
- Your cells are always happy since they never leave incubator.
- Using our remote-control software/app you can see inside your incubator via Internet or iPhone, Android, Blackberry
- Long-term incubator live cell imaging and Time Lapse
- Cell doubling and movement measurements
- Stem Cell differentiation movies
- More sophisticated uses are also easily achieved with the LumaScope: cell counting or hemocytometry and growth monitoring. Using the LumaScope, it is possible to monitor cells remotely through the web from within a tissue culture incubator, overnight, away from the lab.
- Microfluidics field, lab-on-chip, MEMS
- Viral infections, HIV/AIDS study and all level III safety labs
- Embryology, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) studies
- Stem Cell Colony formation study (long term live cell imaging)
- Transfections, knock-out studies such as siRNA tagged
- Drug discovery research and clinical labs
- Field microscopy, such as marine biology
- Proliferation assay
- Kinetic cell migration assay
- Kinetic angiogenesis
- Cell invasion
- Cell culture quality control
- Yields a magnification on familiar laptop displays of approximately 20× with a field of view of 1 mm square.
- Standard filter sets
- Brightfield capability included. Phase Contrast is optional.
- Time-lapse study with turn on/off light (without using a shutter!)
- USB interface, enabling easy integration with larger systems and remote monitoring
- Small enough to fit on a desk, lab bench, in an incubator or tissue culture hood (approximately 190 x 125 x 115 mm or 7.5 x 5 x 4.5 in).
- #1 Performance/Price in the Market; it saves paying to heating stage, shutter and camera, e.g. compare it with Zeiss
Price: The best price in the imaging market:
- Juli (> $10,000)
- EVOS (> $27,000)
- IncuCyte (> $77,000)
Objective Compatibility Infinity-corrected objective with an RMS thread type Objective Lenses 1.25x, 2.5x, 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 40x (oil), 50x (oil)), 50x (dry), 60x (dry), 100x Working Distance
2.5x - 5.7mm
4x - 15.3mm
10x - 7.3mm
20x - 7.3mm
40x - 0.5mm (slide w/coverslip)
40x LWD- 2.5mm
100x - oil immersion
Interchangeable Yes Micropositioner Yes, can be removed Light Source White (brightfield) & Blue 488 nm LED (fluorescence) Excitation Filter 475/35 BrightLine Bandpass Emission Filter 530/43 BrightLine Bandpass (filter for both fluorescence and brightfield) Camera
CMOS Sensor (3x3 microns/pixels)
800x1280 pixels = 1 MP
Image Format BMP, TIF, GIF, JPG, PNG Power Requirements USB or 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz Operating Conditions 0°C - 42°C, 5% - 99% relative humidity , non-condensing Computer Requirements
PC running XP Service Pack 3 (or greater), Windows 7, Windwos 8.
Windows Vista and Mac are not supported yet.
Weight <5 kg Size 190 x 125 x 115 mm Warranty
1 year parts and labor
Field of Views
LS400 or LS500
Pixel Size (µm)
2.05 x 1.28 cm
10.2 x 6.4 mm
6.4 x 4.0 mm
2.5 x 1.6 mm
1.28 x 0.8 mm
640 x 400 µm
260 x 160 µm
Model LS400 LumaScope iVue
Full Color Brightfield and Phase Contrast-Configurable
This does not have the excitation LED, filters or dichroic from the Model 500, but it takes advantage of its color CMOS camera to offer a lower cost entry into digital inverted microscopy. We've even removed the external switches; the brightfield control is in the Illumination menu. There is no need for the external power supply as there is no fluorescence LED to power.
The iVue provides for powerful, low-cost, time-lapse microscopy in your incubator. The iVue is compatible with the Phase Contrast Accessory to enhance transmitted light imaging. A complete line of inexpensive objectives are available.
An upgrade path to a single color 488nm fluorescent Model 500 is available for those customers who want to start with the iVue.
This retrofit-able accessory allows any existing LS-500 series LumaScope and the highly demanded LS-600 series to have a high quality brightfield as well as phase contrast imaging capability. The kit consists of a stand with an adjustable ring clamp holding the white LED illumination source. This source has a diming lever as well as a brightness control on the power supply. A phase contrast slider allows the user to select either the Ph1 mask for phase contrast or the open center position for brightfield. This Ph1 mask is matched the Motic 10x, 20x and 40x phase contrast objectives.
A USB cable from the old brightfield USB socket in the center-top back panel of the LumaScope to the illumination head allows time lapse on/off of the phase contrast accessory.
For the LS-400 series, designed for visible light only with no fluorescence LED or filters, the same sensor is operated in a color mode for histology and other true color brightfield imaging. The Phase Contrast Accessory can be used with the new LS-400 series as well for a powerful non-fluorescent imaging station. The LS-400 is expected to be released shortly and to be priced below the 500 series.
Under 14" or 35cm tall
LumaView Software Interface
LS400 Sample Images